How To Prepare Ewedu stew.
2 medium sized onions
500 grams tomatoes
200 grams tatashe
100 grams rodo / red scotch bonnets
200 Mls palm oil
3 1/2 tablespoons of salt
2 stock cubes (4 grams each)
3 tablespoons ground crayfish
400 grams deboned Titus fish
120 grams fresh Ewedu leaves (rinsed thoroughly )
1. Rinse and chop one onion, tomatoes, tatashe and rodo. Place in a blender with little amount of water and blend smoothly.
2. Chop the second onion, season the beef and add two teaspoons of salt. Place a large pot on medium heat and add Palm oil, chopped onion and fry meat till onion is brown.
3. Add the blended tomato mix and boil then reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer and cook until meat softens add water if the need arises.
4. Add the remaining salt, stock cubes, crayfish and Titus fish, stir and reduce heat to low.
5. In a small pot add water and Ewedu leaves, boil it for two minutes.
6. Put off the heat and allow it to cool slightly. Pour the Ewedu and liquid in the pot into a blender and blend for just 10 seconds. Pour the blended Ewedu back into the pot and return to low heat for about one minute or until it starts to simmer, pour the Ewedu into the tomato stew and stir it.